Air France will negotiate with Boeing and leasing company AerCap to cancel the delivery of five 787 passenger jets, Chief Executive Frederic Gagey said on Monday as he unveiled new cost-cutting measures for the troubled airline.
The five Boeing planes had been due for delivery in 2016 and 2017, Gagey said during a news conference, adding that additional orders for the 787 were also under review by the French carrier, a unit of Air France KLM.
Gagey also signalled willingness to negotiate with staff over the planned cutbacks and said the company's operating margin would be positive in 2015. Air France has no current plans to launch a low-cost long-haul service, he said.
Queensland-based Horizon Airways has signed an order for a second Tecnam P2012 STOL aircraft. Slated to join the Australian fleet by the end of 2026, this subsequent order rapidly...
FAI rent-a-jet has further strengthened its fleet with the addition of a Bombardier Global 6000 (D-AFAN, MSN 9471). The acquisition was completed just five weeks after the LOI was signed, underli...
In September 2026, General Atomics AeroTec Systems will put a major focus on Africa. With two trade show appearances, the German aircraft manufacturer is highlighting the strategic importance of...
EHang launches its Global Fast Track Program — a structured and accelerated pathway for the assessment and introduction of pilotless eVTOL operations in international markets. Sri Lanka is...