Egypt said it will hire a foreign company to help improve the country's airport security, seen as a weak link in the air safety chain since a Russian Metrojet airliner crashed in Sinai on October 31.
The government said in a statement that it had found no evidence so far of terrorism or other illegal action linked to the crash which killed all 224 people on board.
Russia and several Western states have said the Metrojet Airbus A321 was likely brought down by a bomb. IS said it had smuggled an explosive on board.
The plane took off from Sharm al-Sheikh, a Red Sea resort popular with Russian and British tourists. Those two countries have suspended flights to the destination and Egypt's tourism industry in general has suffered.
The government said in a statement that Egyptian officials recently met several international companies and one would be chosen.
Egypt's civil aviation ministry said it had completed a preliminary report on the crash which had so far found no evidence of a criminal act.
ATP Flight School has reintroduced its 100+ Hour Multi-Engine Airline Career Pilot Program at select training centers, bringing students multi-engine flight time at single-engine prices.&nbs...
In September 2026, General Atomics AeroTec Systems will put a major focus on Africa. With two trade show appearances, the German aircraft manufacturer is highlighting the strategic importance of...
FL Technics subsidiary FL Technics LLC, which provides Line Maintenance services across the Middle East, has expanded its approved capabilities by adding Airbus A350, Boeing 777, Boeing 787, and Boein...
TravelX announced that Kaszek, Latin America's leading venture capital firm, made a substantial investment in its platform, bringing the company's total funding to $45 million. The invest...