50 SKY SHADES - World aviation news

VINCI completes acquisition of 50.01% of Edinburgh Airport

Download: Printable PDF Date: 26 Jun 2024 03:54 (UTC) category:
Publisher:
VINCI completes acquisition of 50.01% of Edinburgh Airport - Airports / Routes publisher
Dana Ermolenko
Country: United Kingdom Aircraft: Airplanes

VINCI Airports, a subsidiary of VINCI Concessions, has finalised the acquisition of a majority shareholding (50.01%) in Edinburgh Airport, alongside Global Infrastructure Partners, which manages the remaining 49.99%, under a model similar as London Gatwick Airport. Edinburgh Airport is a premier infrastructure asset: the largest airport in Scotland and the 6th airport in the United Kingdom with traffic back to pre-Covid levels.

Its growth potential is being driven in particular by the development of long-distance segments. After Belfast International and London Gatwick, VINCI Airports now owns three freehold airports in the United Kingdom.





Recommended

TotalEnergies, Daher and Groupe ADP inaugurate a permanent offer of SAF on the Paris-Saclay-Versailles platform

With the launch of an alternative fuel offer containing sustainable aviation fuel at the Paris-Saclay-Versailles Airport, TotalEnergies, Daher and Groupe ADP are joining forces to contribute to the de...

London Oxford Airport plays host to world leaders at the European Political Community meeting

London Oxford Airport was delighted to play a small part in the bringing together of 47 European leaders, including newly elected UK Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer and the King, for the European Poli...

Emirates SkyCargo orders 5 Boeing 777Fs, for immediate delivery in FY 25/26

Emirates SkyCargo announced a firm order for an additional five Boeing 777 freighters, with immediate delivery between 2025 and 2026. The US$ 1billion order will take the airline’s total or...

Eve Air Mobility to announce key eVTOL program milestones at Farnborough Air Show

Eve Air Mobility will be providing an update on several key program milestones at the 45th Farnborough Air Show next week. Coming off its recent announcement of $94M in new equity to support...

Android Apps development in Riga, Latvia