50 SKY SHADES - World aviation news

Despite March Dip, WingX Shows European Traffic Up in 1Q

Download: Printable PDF Date: 13 Apr 2016 00:16 category:
Publisher:
Despite March Dip, WingX Shows European Traffic Up in 1Q - Business aviation publisher
Tatjana Obrazcova
Aircraft: Airplanes
Source: AIN

Despite a dip in European business aviation traffic during March, flight activity for the first quarter of this year ended 2.2 percent higher than the same period last year, according to WingX’s latest monthly Business Aviation Monitor. The latest WingX data showed 2,617 fewer departures last month (61,746) than in March last year—a drop of 4.1 percent.

During March, the steepest decline—5 percent—was among turboprop aircraft. Business jet departures dropped by 3 percent, with a fall in charter activity explaining much of this trend. But on a 12-month basis, turboprop departures made gains of 4 percent, whereas jet traffic dipped by 1 percent. Overall, heavy jet activity and midsize jet flights dropped by 5 percent and 13 percent, respectively, year over year.

Almost all of Europe’s busiest airports saw declines in March, while flight activity to Nice in the south of France was up by 4 percent. Traffic in all of France was up by 5 percent, but in Germany it was down by 8 percent and in the UK by 5 percent. WingX showed inbound arrivals in the Middle East during March at 11 percent higher year over year, and traffic for the region was 5 percent up for the first quarter.



Loading comments for Despite March Dip, WingX Shows European Traffic Up in 1Q...


Recommended

Gediminas Ziemelis: Despite paying $164 M, Bombardier continues to risk human lives

On 10 of January Polish national carrier LOT flight LO 3924 crash-landed at Warsaw’s Chopin airport when Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 nose gear did not lock. It was the ninth similar happening with th...

The Year 2017 Brought Lithuanian Airports a Record-Breaking Abundance of Passengers and Flights

A reconstruction of the runway of Vilnius Airport that lasted for 35 summer days did not impede the Lithuanian Airports to reach a new record in 2017. Last year, three airports of the country serviced...

Passenger claim proves Vueling’s “technical issue” wrong

While aviation industry keeps expanding, its shortcomings are only getting worse – Eurocontrol 2017 data reveals increasing flight delays. Stuck in Barcelona waiting for her Vueling flight, Seli...

Mont Blanc Hélicoptères becomes official air transporter for F1 Grand Prix de France

Today Mont Blanc Hélicopères, a part of HBG Helicopter Group, became official air transporter for Formula 1 Grand Prix de France which will take place 21 to 24 of Juin 2018 at Le Castell...