Wings is a new private charter travel company, offering bespoke solutions to suit all lifestyles and budgets. The tailor made service delivers the most cost effective propositions available, meaning private jet or helicopter travel is no longer solely for the rich and famous, with one-way European flights from as little as GBP150 per person.
Wings was founded by Douglas Hopkins, who has been a pilot for over thirty years, thirteen of which were spent as a captain on private jets. During this time Douglas experienced first hand exactly what clients want and expect from private travel. With a wealth of contacts in the travel industry, Douglas has set out to offer a premium service with a difference.
During his many years in travel, Douglas discovered some emerging trends that have shaped his concept for Wings as the world's most innovative private charter business:
- Individualocracy, or the desire for personalised, tailored products and services. Consumers are tired of the low-cost, 'one-size-fits-all' approach to travel and expect an individual experience, which they are happy to pay more for. This is supported by findings in the ABTA Travel Trends 2015 Report that more than 20% of British consumers are actually planning to spend more on their holidays in 2015
- Even wealthy clients are mindful of the cost of private charter and still want to feel like they are getting best value
- The rise in destination celebrations has increased significantly, especially with the Baby Boom generation, who are happy to pay a little more for a trip of lifetime to celebrate a particular milestone with family and friends
- The ever increasing popularity of city breaks
- The Instagram Effect, as many consumers try to emulate the lifestyle of their favourite celebrities or influencers on social media. Private charter is no longer for the elite and has become much more accessible over the years
- Time poor consumers are happy to pay a premium for private travel as it allows them to avoid check-in delays, save time by planning their own schedule and keep journey times to a minimum by using the airport nearest to their home.
Wings prides itself on offering first class service at the best price possible by working with a variety of aviation companies to pass on considerable discounts, and as it doesn't have its own fleet, costs are kept to a minimum. Based in Ireland, Wings operates out of most airports (depending on client requirements) and has access to a range of aircraft and helicopters worldwide. Wings prides itself on offering more cost-effective options that any charter subscription service and the best empty leg deals around, many up to 75% cheaper than the usual cost, depending on flexibility.
Example charter rates from London to Nice or Palma are approximately GBP400 per person, based on eight passengers, while examples of forthcoming empty leg offers include London to Paris from GBP195 per person, based on eight passengers travelling in early April.
Wings also offers a complete concierge service, partnering with like minded Yacht, Villa and Limousine hire companies, so that together they can deliver the complete package to customers. Collaborating with these companies means Wings can supply luxury services in the air, on water and on land.
Kylie Minogue, Halle Berry and Lionel Richie are some of the celebrities that have already used the service.
Douglas Hopkins, CEO of Wings comments: “I am delighted to finally launch Wings, which is set to reinvigorate boutique-style travel. The travel industry is changing and customers rightfully expect personable service, attention to detail and the utmost in luxury jet charter, which Wings offers, supported by extensive knowledge from over thirty years experience in the business.”
Even though the air passenger market is protected by the European law, namely regulation no. 261/2004, lately it seems to have lost its influence on the market players. As continuing airline clashes w...
Private air charter provider, SaxonAir, has joined London City Airport in celebrating its 30th year anniversary by performing a special demonstration flight into the airport with its class-leading Emb...
Final assembly of first A380 for Japan set to start next month The main sections of the first A380 for Japan’s All Nippon Airways (ANA) have arrived at the Airbus final assembly line in Toulo...
Saab successfully completed the first flight of the GlobalEye Airborne Early Warning & Control aircraft in Linköping, Sweden. GlobalEye took off on its maiden flight at 12.52 local time on...