Universal Avionics is set to unveil the UniLink Desktop Training Software for Future Air Navigation System (FANS) environment familiarization during the NBAA2015 – Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition.
The new software, allowing operators to walk through a series of scenarios simulating two-way messaging using FANS technology, is on demonstration in Universal Avionics Booth N5733 during NBAA2015.
A drop-down menu in the software’s Tutorial Control Panel provides nine different training scenarios:
• ATC Log On: The basics of logging on to Air Traffic Control (ATC).
• Oceanic Clearance: Requesting and receiving an oceanic clearance from CYQX.
• North Atlantic Crossing: Normal North Atlantic crossing from KFFL to EGGW.
• North Pacific Crossing: North Pacific crossing from KOAK to RJTT with reroutes.
• Weather Deviation: Weather Deviation enroute from PHNL to KLAX.
• SatCom Loss: Loss of SatCom function enroute from KVNY to PHTO.
• ATC Voice Request: ATC voice communication request enroute from KLAS to PHTO.
• Emergency Operations: Declaring an emergency enroute from PHOG to KTUS.
• Free Flight: Allows undirected exploration of UniLink FANS messaging.
Allowing for operator preference, the UniLink Trainer simulates both the UniLink CMU, and a 4-inch or 5-inch Flight Management System (FMS) Control Display Unit (CDU) or Multi-functional CDU (MCDU).
“This tool provides a great way for an operator to familiarize themselves with the operational aspects of FANS using Universal Avionics equipment, and without having to leave the comforts of their own home,” said Carey Miller, Universal Avionics Manager of Business Development. “The UniLink Trainer can also be used for required ‘operational use training’ as described in the FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-70C as a means to receive operational approval when part of an FAA-approved course,” he added.
For more information, contact a Universal Avionics Regional Sales Manager or stop by Universal Avionics Booth N5733 during NBAA2015.
4 years ago
Cirrus Aircraft announced VisionAir, a revolutionary ownership program for the Vision Jet. Designed as a completely turnkey program, VisionAir includes everything needed to own, operate and manage a V...
Signature Flight Support has acquired TAG Aviation FBO, SA and its two fixed base operator locations at Geneva (GVA) and Sion (SIR). The purchase represents Signature’s first foray int...
To provide additional flexibility to its customers, Latvian airline airBaltic has introduced a new temporary policy, by allowing passengers, whose flights have been cancelled less than 14 da...
In accordance with the bond calendar outlined in the final prospectus of the bond issue, the Latvian airline airBaltic on July 23, 2020 has made the first bond coupon payment to its inv...