Universal Avionics is set to unveil the UniLink Desktop Training Software for Future Air Navigation System (FANS) environment familiarization during the NBAA2015 – Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition.
The new software, allowing operators to walk through a series of scenarios simulating two-way messaging using FANS technology, is on demonstration in Universal Avionics Booth N5733 during NBAA2015.
A drop-down menu in the software’s Tutorial Control Panel provides nine different training scenarios:
• ATC Log On: The basics of logging on to Air Traffic Control (ATC).
• Oceanic Clearance: Requesting and receiving an oceanic clearance from CYQX.
• North Atlantic Crossing: Normal North Atlantic crossing from KFFL to EGGW.
• North Pacific Crossing: North Pacific crossing from KOAK to RJTT with reroutes.
• Weather Deviation: Weather Deviation enroute from PHNL to KLAX.
• SatCom Loss: Loss of SatCom function enroute from KVNY to PHTO.
• ATC Voice Request: ATC voice communication request enroute from KLAS to PHTO.
• Emergency Operations: Declaring an emergency enroute from PHOG to KTUS.
• Free Flight: Allows undirected exploration of UniLink FANS messaging.
Allowing for operator preference, the UniLink Trainer simulates both the UniLink CMU, and a 4-inch or 5-inch Flight Management System (FMS) Control Display Unit (CDU) or Multi-functional CDU (MCDU).
“This tool provides a great way for an operator to familiarize themselves with the operational aspects of FANS using Universal Avionics equipment, and without having to leave the comforts of their own home,” said Carey Miller, Universal Avionics Manager of Business Development. “The UniLink Trainer can also be used for required ‘operational use training’ as described in the FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-70C as a means to receive operational approval when part of an FAA-approved course,” he added.
For more information, contact a Universal Avionics Regional Sales Manager or stop by Universal Avionics Booth N5733 during NBAA2015.
5 years ago
Not many industries sound as intriguing and attractive as aviation. Working in aviation has an undeniable charm and entices many talented professionals to start their careers in the aviation industry....
Rostec United Engine Corporation has completed the assembly of the PD-35 ultra-high thrust engine gas generator for wide-body long-haul passenger airliners. The prototype, manufactured by UEC-Avi...
The Airbus Zephyr S completes a successful 2021 test flight campaign in the United States. The final Airbus solar-powered High Altitude Platform System (HAPS) flight touched down on 13th Se...
Pittsburgh Airport of the future - now officially under way. Officials broke ground on a new 700,000 square-foot terminal project, marking Pittsburgh International Airport as...