A Russian arms manufacturer Almaz-Antei conducted a reconstruction of the missile launch that downed Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 in order to establish who was responsible. The results to be presented on 13th of October 2015. The same day is scheduled to present final MH17 investigation report.
"If necessary, we will be prepared to stage a full-scale real-life experiment attended by independent observers and experts," he said. "In other words, we will blow up a 9M38M1 missile placed next to the fuselage of the same manufacturer’s written-off plane at the angles mentioned at this presentation."
"Our presentation has proved that the guided missile that hit the [Malaysian] Boeing in the sky above Ukraine could only be 9M38M1 of the Buk M1 system," CEO of Almaz-Antei, Yan Novikov, said. "This missile was withdrawn from production in 1999. Therefore, the concern and its companies could have supplied these missiles to no one in the 21st century."
Yesterday, three Dutch media companies have filed a joint lawsuit against the country’s Security and Justice Ministry, demanding that it disclose more documents relating to the MH17 catastrophe investigation after the ministry’s refusal to release the information.
The Netherlands Broadcasting Foundation (NOS); the Dutch subsidiary of the European TV, radio and production company RTL Group; and the Dutch daily Volkskrant have joined forces to appeal the Netherlands Security and Justice Ministry’s refusal to make public “many documents” concerning the Malaysian Airlines MH17 crash in Eastern Ukraine last year, NOS said in a press release.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17, heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, crashed in Eastern Ukraine on July 17, 2014, killing all 298 people on board. The Dutch Safety Board (DSB) has been heading an international investigation into the cause of the crash since a large number of passengers on the flight were Dutch citizens.
A spokesman for the Board said four critical factors would be answered: the cause of the crash, the issue of flying over conflict areas, why Dutch surviving relatives of the victims had to wait two to four days before receiving confirmation from the Dutch authorities that their loved ones were on board flight MH17.
Investigators suspect MH17 was taken down by a BUK surface-to-air missile system on July 17th 2014, at 16.20 hr. Fragments from a Russian-made BUK were confirmed by investigators to have been found at the scene. It was suspected the missile system was used by Russian-backed local separatists.
The DSB is scheduled to present its final report on the causes of crash on October 13.
WestJet completed the transformation of its remaining all-economy aircraft, fulfilling its commitment to update the interior of all aircraft that were formerly operated by Swoop or Sunwing airlines. T...
FAI rent-a-jet has further strengthened its fleet with the addition of a Bombardier Global 6000 (D-AFAN, MSN 9471). The acquisition was completed just five weeks after the LOI was signed, underli...
ATP Flight School has reintroduced its 100+ Hour Multi-Engine Airline Career Pilot Program at select training centers, bringing students multi-engine flight time at single-engine prices.&nbs...
EHang launches its Global Fast Track Program — a structured and accelerated pathway for the assessment and introduction of pilotless eVTOL operations in international markets. Sri Lanka is...