Passenger network: strict capacity discipline, increase in both trafficand load factor, notably impacted by the 13th November Paris terrorist attacks
Cargo activity impacted by additional security measures at CDG
November traffic to and from Paris was significantly impacted by the 13th November Paris terrorist attacks. Passenger network load factor was down 0.9 points in the period from 14th to 30th November, while it was up 2.7 points in the period from 1st to 13th November. Transavia activity was affected to a lesser extent. Cargo activity was primarily impacted by the additional security measures implemented at Paris-CDG airport following the attacks.
The negative impact of the Paris attacks on total November revenues is estimated to be around 50 million euros. Current booking trends are in line with a progressive recovery including a very limited impact on volumes after the end of December 2015.
Passenger network activity (Air France, KLM, HOP!)
- 6.0 million passengers, up 0.3%
- Network-wide load factor up in spite of Paris terrorist attacks
- Traffic matched the significant increase in capacity on North America, with load factor stable in spite of the terrorist attacks.
- Excluding last year’s strike impact on November revenues and this year’s estimated impact of the Paris attacks, unit revenue per available seat kilometer (RASK) ex-currency down compared to November 2014
- 0.5 million passengers, up 7.0%
Total group passenger activity (Air France, KLM, HOP!, Transavia)
- 6.5 million passengers, up 0.8%
- Ongoing restructuring of cargo: full-freighter capacity down 33% compared to November 2014
- Excluding this year’s estimated impact of the Paris attacks, unit revenue per available ton kilometer (RATK) ex-currency clearly down compared to November 2014
With its successful Challenger family of aircraft, the Canadian aircraft manufacturer Bombardier holds a leading position in the market segment of super mid-size jets. Recently, Bombardier l...
Skyports, developer and operator of vertiports for electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft, has acquired a heliport, previously known as the Falcon Heliport, which is locat...
EHang announced that AirX Inc., a leading Japanese air mobility digital platform company, has placed a pre-order for 50 units of the EH216 AAV, marking the biggest pre-order EHang has received i...
AirCar has been issued the official Certificate of Airworthiness by the Slovak Transport Authority, following the successful completion of 70 hours of rigorous flight testing compatible...