When looking for answers to our questions, there is one obvious thing to do - ask the "wise men" for advice. Cdr.Bud Slabbaert has decades of experience in aviation, with different mentalities and under different circumstances. He is almost like Julius Caesar - veni, vidi, vici…It was obvious for us to talk about sustainable aviation with him, to see more clearly what are the issues, what we can do differently, how to present the future actions.
Make yourself comfortable, get ready and watch, listen and take notes. its it more than worth it. P.S. you can always go for essentials download:
Here are essential point of our discussion:
- Sustainability means less air pollution ang less noise pollution.
- The word sustainable – it creates a hype, it is fake, but it is not meaningless.
- The greenwashing – everything is sustainable now.
- Having common goal, it is great – using the right words it is even better.
- It is difficult – you have so many interests – one thing is people; the second thing is planet and the third thing is profit.
- Future technology – hydrogen exists as long as the planet, the questions is how you use it.
- Caribbean getting sustainable – easier to apply new technologies.
- Aviation industry is responsible for less than 3% of global carbon emissions – we still have to do better.
- The most sustainable way of flying is what the bird does – we have to learn from nature.
- The problem is – how long will it takes.
- Goals 2025 do something about it – don’t just talk.
- Put your money where your mouth is - if you believe it, then prove it.
- We have to reset the minds – a lot of education and explanation.
Just to remind you, Cdr. Bud Slabbaert is the Chairman and Coordinator of CARIBAVIA, the Caribbean Aviation Meetup, an annual result and solution-oriented conference for stakeholders of ‘airlift’ in the Caribbean. Slabbaert’s background is accentuated by aviation business development, strategic communication, and journalism.
With recent completion of CityAirbus NextGen assembly, Airbus’ advanced air mobility teams are focused on putting together the major components that make up the eVTOL prototype, gearing up...
Euroairlines presented its new Cessna 421C Golden Eagle aircraft at Cuatro Vientos Airport in Madrid with which it will reach North Africa. With a capacity of 6 passengers, the Cessna 421C,...
Embraer Phenom 300 series has maintained its status of the world's best-selling light jet for 12 consecutive years, while also attaining the best-selling twinjet for the fourth year running,...
LCI announced a framework agreement for up to 21 of the latest generation helicopters from Leonardo, comprising of 10 firm plus 11 options. The innovative agreement covers the latest ge...