Airbus BizLab has selected the start-ups that submitted their project’s proposals for the Airbus business accelerators in Hamburg, Germany and Bangalore, India, in their latest calls.
The six start-ups selected in Hamburg from 100 applicants in 29 countries have been:
• ZinkCloud from Spain - The project is about developing a software to improve quality production by using machine learning and natural language processing.
• Jetlite from Germany - “jetlite – light to lighten your jetlag". The proposal is about increasing passenger comfort and decreasing jetlag by an innovative use of the existing cabin lighting LED- system.
• Synergeticon from Germany - Offers a digital platform with connected smart tools to provide optimal support for manual work processes in production and maintenance
• Velmenni from Estonia/India: The idea is about creating a new wireless technology for high speed data transmission using visible light.
• Teraki from Germany: The project consists of making Big Data Small. Software solutions are provided to reduce data from any Internet of Things sensors in a significant and smart way
• Nebaqua from Spain: The proposal is about a water separation systems based on ultrasonic nebulization that helps reduce weight and the related management costs
The four start-ups selected in Bangalore from 80 applicants in seven countries have been:
• Blue Morfo from India – This start-up is developing a mobile application to detect and prevent specific corporate health related issues, like exposure of airline crew to jetlag, cabin pressurisation, etc.,
• Shoonya Games from India – It is proposing interactive gaming solutions for training and marketing purposes through the use of Virtual Reality and 3D technologies embedded in a mobile device.
• Open Turf from India – The project is about providing Wireless in-flight entertainment using passenger personal devices
• Qualitas from USA - Offers automated quality inspection systems for manufacturing, specializing in 2D and 3D machine vision.
Airbus offers to projects a comprehensive support through a six-month acceleration programme. The selected start-ups will interact with a large number of Airbus experts from various domains (technology, legal, finance, marketing, etc.) and will benefit of a dedicated mentor. They will have office space and have access to prototyping and test facilities. A dedicated demo day with Airbus decision makers, partners, subsidiaries, customers, and venture capital will be also offered.
Airbus BizLab is a global aerospace business accelerator where start-ups and Airbus “intrapreneurs” (internal entrepreneurs) can work together to speed up transforming their innovative ideas into valuable businesses.www.airbus.com/innovation/bizlab/
On 1 December 2017, Airbus Helicopters celebrated the inauguration of its Paris-Le Bourget site, where helicopter blades are now being produced for the Airbus range. The blade-specific specialis...
First aircraft delivered with carrier’s latest cabin products and innovations Singapore Airlines has taken delivery of the first of five new A380 aircraft scheduled to join the carrier&...
Oriens Aviation, the exclusive Pilatus Centre for the British Isles, has reinforced its commitment to the world's best-selling single engine turboprop (SET), the Pilatus PC-12, and the growing SET...
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft announced that Air Philippines Corporation, operator of Philippine Airlines affiliate airline PAL Express, has signed an eight-year Smart Parts agreement to provide comp...