Falcon Aviation, the UAE’s leading business aviation services, charter, MRO and aircraft management company, returns to Europe’s premier business aviation show, EBACE, in Geneva this month (29thto 31stMay) to highlight its new business jet MRO facility at its Dubai South, DWC, Al Maktoum International Airport.
Falcon Aviation’s new facility is built on a total 24,000 sqm plot size capable of accommodating up to four Boeing BBJ / Airbus ACJ sized narrow bodied aircraft for base maintenance. It includes workshops, interior solutions, a wash bay, and landside office space, plus 13,000 sqm of apron.
Falcon Aviation supports its own and managed fleet of business jets and helicopters at its Al Bateen Executive Abu Dhabi Airport facilities. But its new Dubai base has been built primarily for third party customers. Falcon Aviation is already talking with existing and prospective customers to grow its MRO business.
“Our goal at EBACE is to meet with the OEMs to see how we can support them and their operators by adding other aircraft types to our capabilities,” said Falcon Aviation COO Captain Raman Oberoi.
Falcon Aviation’s new facility, which has been in construction for 12 months, is pivotal to its overall long-term strategy to bring a ‘one stop MRO shop’ to the region.
It has committed to build the necessary infrastructure to support the region’s growing business aviation market – with a FBO, Heliport (running under Falcon’s AOC), Line maintenance - and now Base Maintenance and Technical services. Additional engineers have been employed and with the growing business we will be adding more jobs into year 2019 to ramp, its dedicated MRO team.The new DWC facility will also offer 24/7 AOG support and aircraft parking.
Big boost for DWC’s Aviation District master plan
Falcon Aviation’s investment is a significant boost to Dubai World Central’s ongoing investment in its dedicated 6.7 square kilometre ecosystem Aviation District, first announced in 2014. It comprises general aviation (home to the main VIP Dubai South Terminal, where Falcon Aviation has its FBO); its heliport; hangars, fuel farm, catering, ground handling; MRO and technical support, MRO businesses and the aerospace supply chain.
DWC is also the permanent home of the Dubai Air Show and the alternate MEBAA Show.
MEBAA endorsement for infrastructure boost
Ali Alnaqqbi, Founding Chairman of the Middle East and North Africa Business Aviation Association (MEBAA) endorsed Falcon’s new facility commenting;
“I am very pleased to see Falcon Aviation spreading their wings into DWC with its new business jet MRO facility. This will positively boost the business aviation market standard.”
Last summer Falcon achieved approval from the UAE’s General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) to perform third party line maintenance at Dubai South and is currently cleared for types including the Gulfstream G450/G550; Embraer 135/145/Legacy regional jets and Embraer 190/Lineage 1000. (Falcon Aviation is an Authorised Service Centre for Embraer Executive Jets at its Al Bateen base.) It is also GCAA approved for the Pilatus PC-12; Airbus Helicopters, including the EC130, Bell 412 and Leonardo AW189, AW169 and AW109.
Falcon Aviation Director of Maintenance, Nicolas Tejera and Service Centre Manager Ronnie McCrae will support Falcon’s presence in Geneva and Ahmad Badreddine, FBO Manager will be meeting the clients and partners for the FBO business.
“We are looking forward to offer a solid proposition of full service MRO support to Business Aviation operators and owners in the region. Attending EBACE is optimally timed for us,” Nicolas Tejera added.
Firming up Pilatus PC-24 deliveries
Falcon will also use the occasion of EBACE to meet with Pilatus Aircraft to firm up its PC-24 deliveries. It will be the first Middle East operator to take the game-changing light jet, with deliveries slated for the second quarter of 2019. “The PC-24 will be a smart addition to our charter fleet and we expect it to be based at our Dubai FBO,” said Capt Raman.
Falcon’s new Dubai South FBO is attracting a steady base of loyal customers. The charter business is currently seeing more leisure customers to popular destinations like the Seychelles, Maldives and Europe.
The Atlantis Heliport, which Falcon Aviation manages, had a great year, carrying 34,000 passengers. It has quickly grown to be second busiest heliport in the world.
To promote its enhanced capabilities, VIP Jet business charter MRO, FBO, Commercial and Offshore Helicopter operations Falcon Aviation has launched a new website. www.falconaviation.ae
About Falcon Aviation
• Falcon Aviation, founded in 2006, is a leading business aviation services company, based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Since its creation, under the patronage of HH Dr Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa Bin Zayed Al-Nahyan, has built up a sound reputation for high quality and innovative services, serving a significantly large customer base. It has become synonymous with safety, quality and excellent customer service.
• Falcon Aviation is based at Al Bateen Executive Airport, the premier VIP airport in the UAE, within Abu Dhabi City. Falcon Aviation delivers a variety of aviation services from private jet and executive helicopter charter with a diverse fleet of business jets and helicopters; third party aircraft management, MRO, CAMO, commercial aircraft leasing and oil and gas aviation support.
• It operates 11 strong fixed wing fleet including one Embraer Legacy 600s, one Lineage 1000, three Gulfstream G450/G550s and six Bombardier Q400 turboprops. Three of the six Q400s are currently leased to Qazaq Air in Kazakhstan. Falcon Aviation also operates a variety of helicopters consisting of - 10 Bell 412EPs; five Airbus Helicopters EC130B4s; five AW109S/SPs, two AW189s and two AW169s.
• In December 2016, coinciding with the MEBAA Show, it opened its luxurious new FBO at the VIP Dubai South Terminal at Al Maktoum International Airport (DWC). The 1,000 sqm state-of-the art facility offers two VIP lounges, with en suite bathrooms; a refreshment and coffee bar; cigar lounge, boardroom-style meeting facilities; prayer room; shower facilities and access to a dedicated VIP Terminal Duty Free. The facility extends to a children's play area and pets room.
• In April last year Falcon Aviation inaugurated a Heliport, adjacent to Dubai South VIP Terminal at DWC. Run and managed by Falcon Aviation personnel, the Heliport is open to all operators, corporates and private individuals arriving with their business jets at VIP Terminal. It is the first in the region to facilitate quick and convenient helicopter charters between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in just 30 minutes. Other significant time savings on popular destinations include: Dubai South to Ras Al Khaimah - 45 minutes; Dubai South - Diba, 45 minutes; Dubai South- Fujairah 40 minutes and to Qasr Al Sarab Resort - 1 hour, 15 minutes.
• In May 2017 Falcon Aviation achieved approval from the GCAA to perform third party line maintenance at its new Dubai South facility at Al Maktoum International Airport base in Dubai, co-located with its FBO facility in the VIP Terminal. Aircraft types it has been cleared to work on include the Gulfstream G450/G550; Embraer 135/145 regional jets and Embraer 190/Lineage 1000. (Falcon Aviation is already an Authorised Service Centre for Embraer Executive Jets at its Abu Dhabi Al Bateen Executive Airport base.) as well as the Pilatus PC-12 turboprop.
Falcon Aviation is a founding member of the Middle East Business Aviation Association (MEBAA) and an authorised service centre for Embraer Executive Jets and warranty service centre for Gulfstream. The MRO is also providing services for Bombardier, Gulfstream, Leonardo, Pilatus, Airbus and Bell helicopters.
11 months ago
A codeshare agreement is signed between airBaltic and SAS, offering convenient connections between Latvia, Scandinavia and beyond. Annelie Nässéen, Executive Vice Presid...
We are continue to talk about sustainability, about sustainable jet fuel. EU Sustainable Energy Week, recent event at Farnborough, where the global coalition of business aviation organizatio...
Fuelling the Future: TAG Farnborough Airport hosts Sustainable Alternative Jet Fuel Initiative Underlining the airport’s commitment to responsible and sustainable development, TAG F...
SmartLynx Airlines, ACMI operator and charter service provider based in Latvia, announced the successful implementation of OpenAirlines' SkyBreathe® eco-flying solution to pursue their co...