Two test pilots and a flight test engineer of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) completed training procedures and obtained Russian permission to fly for the certification campaign of MC-21-300 aircraft.
At the first stage of training, the EASA specialists studied the MC-21-300 design and Flight Crew Operation Manual. The following procedures were performed on the simulators and test benches:
- take-off, approach and landing using both landing systems and visual approaches;
- handling qualities and controllability characteristics of MC-21-300 aircraft in various control modes within the entire range of admissible operating altitudes, speeds, weights and centres of gravity;
- actions in case of emergency;
- approaching high angles of attack, when the stall warning activates.
On completion of the theoretical and simulator training, the EASA specialists performed their familiarization flights. During the flights they gain familiarity with the basic characteristics of the stability and controllability of the aircraft, landing approach and go around procedures, including simulation of one engine failure.
The theoretical and practical training of the EASA specialists was provided by test pilots and leading engineers of the Flight Test Facility of the Yakovlev Design Bureau, a branch of the Irkut Corporation.
As Oleg Kononenko, the Hero of Russia and test pilot of the Yakovlev Design Bureau, stated, “thanks their vast experience, our European colleagues mastered control of MC-21-300 within a short period.”
Participation of EASA test crews in testing of the new aircraft is a prerequisite to its validation by EASA.
After receiving type certification for its all-new PC-24 Super Versatile Jet last December, Pilatus has delivered twelve aircraft to the United States, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and Southern Africa. By...
• As a recognized leader in innovation, Delta Air Lines partnered with Airbus to enhance Skywise • Through the agreement an additional 400 Delta aircraft will be connected to Skywise...
Seabury Capital Group LLC (“Seabury Capital”) announced its role as sole investment banking advisor on the successful acquisition of a leased portfolio of 21 aircraft by Zephyrus Avia...
MRO Europe, Amsterdam: FL Technics, a global provider of integrated aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services, has announced signing a cooperation agreement with an independent global enginee...