During Paris International Air Show leading airlines signed up Harness Power of Big Data through Boeing AnalytX Digital Solutions!
New orders and agreements for digital solutions that harness the power of big data to significantly expand fleet capability and cost savings for commercial and government customers. Boeing’s digital solutions are powered by Boeing AnalytX, a collection of software and consulting services that transform raw data into efficiency, resource and cost savings in every phase of flight.
“Boeing has the broadest and deepest portfolio of digital solutions and expertise in the industry today. We are constantly innovating and using analytics to look at data in new ways as we help our customers answer very specific questions about their operations,” said Stan Deal, president and CEO, Boeing Global Services. “As our real-time solutions evolve, they become more powerful and valuable for our customers.”
New digital solutions orders and agreements from commercial airlines, regional airlines, leasing companies, private business jet operators and defense aircraft programs include:
- Air Peace and EnterAir join a global roster of 105 Airplane Health Management (AHM) customers. Boeing AnalytX powers AHM to provide customers the real-time maintenance and engineering support necessary to make operations decisions for their Boeing aircraft.
- Amber, Go2Sky, Landry’s, and Metrojet join a total of 336 customers using Boeing Maintenance Performance Toolbox to digitally access their fleet’s real-time maintenance data and essential engineering and certification information.
- Cathay Pacific Group has signed a ten-year agreement for Jeppesen Crew Rostering and the Jeppesen Fatigue Risk Management System. These Boeing AnalytX-powered crew solutions will help optimize Cathay Pacific’s crew management strategy.
- Delta Air Lines has signed a multiyear agreement for Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro navigation services. Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro electronic flight bag tools will continue to enhance pilot decision making through a renewed agreement that includes digital charting and navigation information, Airport Moving Map capabilities on both iPad and front-panel avionics that increase situational awareness on the ground, and Tailored Map services that provide en route chart capabilities enhanced with Delta specific data.
- Interglobe Aviation (IndiGo) entered a five-year agreement for Jeppesen Crew Pairing, Jeppesen Crew Rostering, and the Boeing Alertness Model. These Boeing AnalytX-powered solutions harness Boeing’s global data management capabilities to optimize cockpit solutions.
- Japan Airlines has signed with Boeing for Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro electronic flight bag (EFB) and digital navigation chart services, to increase operational efficiency. The agreements extend a long-term relationship between the airline and Boeing for Jeppesen navigation services, which Japan Airlines has used since the beginning of its flight operations.
- JetBlue Airways has signed for multiple digital solutions to increase operational efficiency, including renewal agreements for digital navigation charting and Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro electronic flight bag services and optimized crew planning operations through use of Jeppesen Crew Pairing tools. The airline also signed for new Airport Moving Map services to increase situational awareness in the airport environment and the Ground Controls solution to manage data and navigation chart updates for fleet-wide aircraft.
- SkyCo International Financial Leasing Co., LTD. has signed an agreement to use Boeing’s Corporate Management System (CMS) aircraft lease and asset management software. This secure hosted solution integrates with financial software systems and provides support for key business processes associated with aircraft leasing, including tracking of aircraft, engines and spare parts assets, maintenance history tracking, and forecasting and marketing analysis reports. SkyCo Leasing is a rapidly growing Chinese startup lessor based in Guangzhou, the center of the Greater Bay Area in south China.
- United Airlines has signed for Jeppesen Calibration services to optimize crew planning operations across their global fleet. Powered by Boeing AnalytX, Calibration analyzes historical flight performance data, over long periods of time, to identify patterns and gain insights into where adjustments can be made to future crew plans that increase on-time departures and decrease crew-related delays.
- Uzbekistan Airways has signed a five-year agreement to enhance operational efficiency through integration of multiple Boeing digital solutions. These include renewal services for navigation charting and Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro electronic flight bag tools for Windows and the front panel display of their Boeing 787 fleet. New services for the airline include Airport Moving Map capabilities to enhance situational awareness in the airport environment, Ground Controls to enhance data loading capabilities in the pre-flight environment and FliteDeck Pro on iPad, providing access to essential flight information anywhere pilots need it.
Additional digital solutions announcements include:
- Boeing continues to expand its digital capabilities through strategic partnerships and has recently teamed with Anderson Engineering and Design (AED) to provide Jeppesen navigation chart coverage for military and commercial operators. The working agreement provides customers with global high definition visual flight rules charts and integrated Jeppesen instrument flight rules charts in real-time. For the first time, customers can integrate selected Jeppesen approach charts with an aircraft’s moving map display, further enhancing in-flight situational awareness.
- Boeing’s industry-leading electronic flight bag solution, Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro X, is now available on iOS via Apple’s app store. Jeppesen FliteDeck Pro X provides airline pilots with all navigational charts, manuals and documents needed for paperless flying. Enhancements include weather data from The Weather Company to enable better pilot decision-making based on meteorological information, background app updates which reduce data transfer costs by 80 percent and in-app notice to airman (NOTAM) updates for a selected terminal chart or map provided directly.
Boeing delivers industry-leading analytics value through more than 130 flight operations and technical operations solutions to more than 700 unique customers around the world.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services. The company supports commercial and government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing employs more than 150,000 people worldwide and leverages the talents of a global supplier base. Building on a legacy of aerospace leadership, Boeing continues to lead in technology and innovation, deliver for its customers and invest in its people and future growth.
2 years ago
Scandinavian Airlines has signed a 5 year contract with Airbus becoming the latest European operator to go with Airbus' Skywise Health Monitoring (SHM) digital solution. Scandinavian Ai...
ATR initiated a project to convert a Columbian airport to Instrument Flight Rules (IFR), as part of its continuous drive to boost flight safety in every region served. ATR is a vocal and...
Boeing forecasts that African airlines will require 1,030 new airplanes by 2040 valued at $160 billion and aftermarket services such as manufacturing and repair worth $235 billion, enabling growt...
Avolon and Japan Airlines announced a partnership to commercialize zero-emissions eVTOL aircraft in Japan. Avolon, through its investment and innovation affiliate Avolon-e, has formed a str...